Help to improve local health and social care services and record what people say about the services they use.
What does it involve?
- Talk to people in different settings, such as libraries, community centres and community events.
- Listen to what people have to say about their health and social care services.
- Record people’s stories, identify key common issues and provide feedback.
- Advise people on how to access health and social care services.
- Tell people about the work Healthwatch does and motivate others to get involved.
What you will need
- Some spare time (at least 4 hours a month)
- Be friendly and patient, with good communication skills
- Be empathetic, understanding, objective and unbiased
- Be able to take legible notes and provide feedback
What we offer you
- Full training and support
- Broadening your knowledge about a range of local health and social care services
- Valuable work experience tailored to your needs
- A chance to help shape local health and care services
- Opportunities to get together with other Healthwatch volunteers and exchange ideas and information
- Travelling and actual out of pocket expenses
- Free DBS check
For more information and to talk through the role please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 0208 968 7049